Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A New Category, An Old Strategy

One of the things I decided to do at the very first of this blog was to draw Emergents out to show their real character. I can't recall right now who I first read who said one of the hallmarks of the Emergent is anger. A good book to read by an Emergent is The Barbarian Way by Erwin McManus. He seeks, seemingly, to attempt to channel the anger of young church going males and sanctify it. The theme of the book is a refusal to become self-controlled in the area of anger and rebellion. Of course, he doesn't say it in those words, that would be too obvious. Instead, he speaks of not allowing yourself to be "domesticated."

In spite of their constant drum beat of tolerance and love, the real Emergent face is one of severe anger toward God, the Bible, and those who love both. So, if you want a little taste of the true character of the Emergent, click on the "Emergent Anger" label in the category box. I just added that category--I don't know why I didn't do so earlier.

In Christ,
Phil Perkins. PS--Okay, I DO know why. I'm old and I can't remember...stuff.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Solameanie said...

Phil,

Would that heresy, damnable heresy (and yes my Emergent friends, that IS a category of heresy and not a profanity) and false doctrine could engender the same anger in the EC. Unfortunately, they have to embrace the error to arrive at some of their conclusions.

All in all, they're looking for a sanctified hissy fit and a way to be rebels in clerical garb.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Phil Perkins said...

Zactly.

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright  ©2007Phil Perkins - All Rights Reserved