Thursday, November 23, 2006

Second Open Letter To Frank Page And Kent Shirley

All three of you that follow this blog know that I have contacted the President of the Southern Baptist Convention, Frank Page. I have also contacted Kent Shirley in Colorado. He is in missions for the SBC in Colorado. Only Dr. Page has responded.
Read that first open letter here.

Here is my second open letter to Frank Page and Kent Shirley:

Open Letter To Frank Page And Kent Shirley II

Dr. Page,

Thank you for your response to my open letter. In it you have stated that you know of Emergent churches that are biblical. I'm curious.

Could you please provide for our readers and me the names of three Emergent SBC pastors so I may contact them? I want to ask them what Emergent leaders and doctrines they follow that are biblical?

Could you also list for us what Emergent leaders you think are orthodox so we may read them as well? Most of us would like to judge for ourselves.

Also, you stated that the leaders and groups I mentioned were not among the ones to whom you referred, but some of them are on Kent Shirley's list of recommended reading for pastors under his authority.

What, if anything, are you going to do about that?

Awaiting your answer,
Phil Perkins.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright  ©2007Phil Perkins - All Rights Reserved