Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The Power of Negative Thinking

This is from the praise department. I have gone into the Bible Book Stores here in Billings in the past and been in despair to see Brian McLaren's books on sale as if he was a brother in Christ and as if his stuff was not outright heresy. Each time I have told the young ladies at the cash register, as politely as possible, that McLaren is a liar. Each time they have been uncomfortably polite in return and promised to look into it and to report this to the owner, Mike Wall. The ladies had to be reticent, as I have usually come in the middle of the day or right after work. I am a welder/machinist, so I am sure I was quite a filthy site. They were probably hoping I wouldn't touch anything. But I appreciate their politeness nonetheless. Their conduct has always been a fine example of Christian love toward me, despite my appearance.

Weeellllll...just yesterday I was in a store next to one of the Bible Book Stores. I went to look for McLaren. To my surprise not one of his books was there. I asked the lady at the register about it. "Oh, no. We don't have him." "Why?" She explained they had concerns about him.

Praise God. And thank you to Mike Wall.

Griping for God,
Phil Perkins.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright  ©2007Phil Perkins - All Rights Reserved