Wednesday, April 04, 2007

So Who Are You Calling An Oxymoron?!!

This just in: "postmodern intellectual." That's a phrase I just read at another blog. Al Mohler was describing Stanley Fish as a leading "postmodern intellectual."

He's right. Fish is an intellectual and he's postmodern. However, it seems absurd to me that those two words go together.

A postmodern says that we shouldn't believe much of anything absolutely. Thus, negating the need for any sort of intellectualism at all. It's like buying a bucket of coal to run your electric razor. If nothing much can be known, why be big on knowing?

Have to go now......I'm going to the store to get ice for the oven. I'm baking a bin of 3/4 inch, fine-thread hex nuts and a ham with Pinse-sol glaze for Passover.

In Christ,
Phil Perkins.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Eddie said...

ROFL...you killed me with the recipe Phil. That was hilarious.
Eddie.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Flo said...

I love your word pictures, am BIG on word pictures.
Flo

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright  ©2007Phil Perkins - All Rights Reserved