Thursday, April 27, 2006

Apostacy--A Little Dab'll Do Ya

Yesterday, I was looking to get in contact with an author of a really great text book--Bruce Waltke. I don't know him; I just wanted to talk to him. His Introduction to Biblical Hebrew Syntax is an awesome work. I was hoping to find out if an abridged version was in the works. At any rate, calling around the country I ended up talking to an extremely intelligent, articulate lady at a book store. I told her I was in the market for a good introductory Hebrew text. She was very helpful and mentioned three, giving all the pluses and minuses of each.

Then........I blew it. I told her I wanted one that was not published by Zondervan because Zondervan has been pushing all sorts of Emergent stuff. She did not like that. It was on--politely, of course. After she expressed her disappointment in my lack of good sense, I asked her if she approved of all the apostate things flowing from theooze.com and Brian McLaren.

She said that she did not take it as far as McLaren. We decided that we were both at work and had other things to do. Fwooo. An excuse for both of us with the added benefit that neither of us was lying.

Still...what did the Bible say about a little lump with leaven? Hmmmm.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright  ©2007Phil Perkins - All Rights Reserved